Are contact lenses right for you?
Many people have never considered contact lenses. At Ideal eyecare, we can recommend the best option for you. Many people have never considered contact lenses, or have previously been told that they aren’t suitable to wear lenses. The advancements in modern technology, materials and design mean that you are now more likely than ever to be suitable to give lenses a try.
We believe that age need not be a barrier to successful contact lens wear. For this reason, we fit contact lenses for people of all ages. Ask our optometrist for more information.
- We have extensive experience fitting contact lenses, including complex cases.
- As an independent, we can supply lenses from any manufacturer, therefore providing you with the best specific lenses for your needs.
- We supply both conventional and specialist contact lenses.
Which types of lenses are available?
Soft contact lenses
- One-Day lenses – these offer convenience along with great vision. No cleaning or storing solutions necessary, wear once and simply throw away. Available in single vision spherical, toric (for the correction of astigmatism) and multifocals.
- Monthly Replacement lenses – can be worn on a daily basis, most days or even every day of the week. These are removed and cleaned each day. The lenses are thrown away after 2 weeks or 1 month, depending on your needs. Many different types are available, suitable for most single vision, toric and multifocal prescriptions.
- Silicone Hydrogels – these allow more oxygen to your eyes to aid comfort. Most are designed to wear on a daily basis for people with dry eyes or demanding environment conditions.
- Gas Permeable lenses -A rigid contact lens may be ideal if your prescription is complex. These are more durable and can often give better vision than soft lenses for complex prescriptions.
Gas Permeable lenses
A rigid contact lens may be ideal for your prescription. Although these lenses are not initially as comfortable as soft lenses, they are more durable and can last for 1-2years.
Varifocal Contact lenses
Lenses for presbyopia. Whether you require both distance and reading, or simply a reading prescription, you can now benefit from contact lens wear. Many people over the age of 40 successfully wear contact lenses to satisfy their visual needs. These lenses can be worn on a full-time basis, or alternatively, for occasional wear. Ideal for reading menus and evenings out.